Being on safari, so far away from the world as most know it, is a very special family experience.
The ECO HOUSE is an educational (and entertainment) centre built specifically for kids – and anyone with a fascination for the wild world and its inhabitants.
The facility is always a hive of activity, where kids can partake in painting, drawing, making location specific models and arts and get to experience some of the live specimens from the reserve.
Parents have the choice of either engaging in the learning with their kids, or stealing a few hours for themselves. This experience is unique to Madikwe Safari Lodge, and has been crafted in consultation with the owner parents, guest parents, managers and North West parks (who have assisted in all the required permits for the live specimens).
In kid language… ECO-HOUSE is just AWESOME!
[Simply Superb! Tripadvisor] “We spent four days at Madikwe Safari Lodge with our three kids ages 9 to 13. It was a spectacular experience. The place is gorgeous, the accommodations luxurious, the service impeccable and the food superb. All details are taken care off from the beginning to the end. We were always greeted with a smile by all staff and they were constantly asking if there was anything else they could do to make our stay more comfortable. The high point of our stay were the game drives. Our ranger Nicky was spectacular. She was fun, energetic and full of passion, clearly enjoying every game drive as much as we did. Our kids learned so much about the African wild life!”
I “heart” baking in the kitchen with Madikwe’s chefs!
- Family safari drives
- Bush orientation
- Bug CSI
- Long hours spent in the Eco-House
- Dung tracking
- Track pack with plaster of Paris
- Baking in the kitchen
- Making pizzas in the boma
- Star gazing
- Games night, and much more.
USEFUL FACTS FOR FAMILIES
- Children between the ages of zero and five years stay free of charge and children aged six to fifteen pay 50% of the per person adult rate.
- Game drives are not available for children under the age of two years, and children between the ages of two and five are welcome on the late morning family safari drive.
- The family safari drive for children aged two to five departs at 11:00 in winter and 10:00 in summer, and lasts for approximately two hours.
While we are taking care of the kids, why not take the opportunity to enjoy a little “me” time under the hands of one of our spa therapists?
[Recharge Your Batteries Here! Tripadvisor]
“And it’s family friendly but unobtrusively so and, if you seek solitude, it’s yours for the taking in your room and deck…..”