Welcome to our home!
Lelapa literally means ‘family’, and this is exactly how we want you to feel – there is no restriction in terms of age or generation. You can expect warm hospitality, sublime comfort and a compelling charm which will make you want to stay forever.
Each of the 12 Suites is spacious, comfortable and ever respectful of the natural environment beyond. Indoor and outdoor showers, private plunge pool and wood- burning fireplace are just some of the added creature comforts to enhance Mother Nature’s subtle signature.
LELAPA LODGE, QUICK FACTS
- 12 Suites for 24 people
- Children of all ages welcome
- Children’s activities and babysitting available
- Family Rooms available
- Private plunge pools only (communal pool area coming soon)
- Suitable for disabled travellers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi (in public areas)
Family Suites are available, with adjoining rooms for younger safari enthusiasts.
“Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury” (Coco Chanel). The Lounge at Lelapa Lodge
[Ideal Family Holiday, Tripadvisor] “My son and I traveled to Madikwe for his 6th birthday and we cannot wait to return. The lodge is beautiful with spacious rooms with a large balcony, small plunge pool and outdoor shower. We never used it as there are just to many activities to cover in the day. There was a kids club but we also never had a chance to use it as when we weren’t on game drives or eating the staff were busy taking the kids to the bush to collect animal prints and other various things. Our guide Michael Jackson was amazing! Not only did we spot the big 5 in our first day but we were lucky enough to see a cheetah cross right in front of our car… He was super patient with my son and knew the answer to all the wildlife questions we had. For my son’s birthday the staff surprised him with a birthday party complete with a chocolate cake and the entire lodge staff singing happy birthday. I would definitely recommend this lodge to anyone with kids on their first safari! My son actually cried the entire flight to Jberg and still asking when we can return.”
It’s our genuine and absolute pleasure to host you!
[Terrific from start to finish, Tripadvisor] “less than an hour from the Botswana/South Africa Border to the door this place wins you over very quickly. The rooms are great, the food genuinely first class, lovely staff with big smiles and good memories and the game excellent.
Great touches throughout included a welcome note on a blackboard where you can write your requests, a hot water bottle each waiting for you in bed when you retire as well as a roaring log fire. They take your car away on arrival and bring it back washed too. Just great and worked well with young kids who were entertained by the kids’ club. Really like this place and will be back. Thank you”
TRAVELLING TO MADIKWE SAFARI LODGE, QUICK FACTS
- Daily charter flights between OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg) and Madikwe
- An easy 4.5 hour drive from Johannesburg. Road transfers available
- Scheduled Safari Link charter connects with Madikwe Game Reserve with the Sabi Sand Reserve, Welgevonden and Marataba Game Reserve.
- Private charter flights from any location directly into Madikwe.
Click here to read more about your travel options
- 1 May 2016 - 31 August 2016
- Lelapa Lodge, Suite
- Double: R6,100.00 per person per night sharing
- Single: R9,150.00 per person per night single
- 01 September 2016 - 10 January 2017 (excluding peak season: 18 Dec - 3 Jan)
- Double: R7,970.00 per person per night sharing
- Single: R11,955.00 per person per night single
- 18 December 2016 - 3 January 2017 (peak season)
- Double: R9,165.00 per person per night sharing
- Single: R13,748.00 per person per night single
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MADIKWE LELAPA LODGE
- Luxury accommodation in a suite with private plunge pool
- All meals
- Soft drinks, local brand beers and spirits & house wines
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger
- Game drive refreshments & snacks
- Transfers to and from the Eastern Madikwe
Specialist activities included: Game drives; Bush walks; Astronomy; Wildlife lectures; Bush breakfasts, picnic lunches & bush dinners; Children’s activities
- Mini bar in room
- Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes
- Cigars & cigarettes
- All flights and transfers not specified
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Madikwe Game Reserve entrance/conservation fees
- Madikwe Game Reserve landing fees
- Any additional extras will be for the guests account
Specialist activities excluded: Cultural village experience; Private Land Rover; Any additional outside services
Make yourself at home.
Maggie Parker, Paste Magazine:
“I can honestly say I’ve never been happier than I was while staying at this lodge, and it wasn’t just because I saw leopards, lions, elephants and buffalo roaming freely up close. The safari was complimented by delicious meals over carefree conversation learning about life in the bush and nights under strung lights listening to animals in the distance. I left with tears in my eyes after only three days.” Read more here
In-door dining at Lelapa.
MADIKWE SAFARI LODGE SAFARIS, QUICK FACTS
- Safaris conducted twice a day
- Enjoy the bush on foot
- Maximum number of guests per vehicle is 8
- Private safari vehicles available, subject to availability
- Restrictions apply for children of 5 and younger
Bathroom en-suite in a Lelapa Family Suite.