Madikwe offers families (with both older and younger children) a very special place to experience something magic together. At Lelapa Lodge children of all ages are welcome and we offer a host of activities for their enjoyment. Dithaba Lodge: Regret no children except if the Lodge is booked exclusively.
Many of us have kids of our own, so we know and understand what an unforgettable experience it is for children to be in the bush. We have taken a lot of time to design a kids’ menu of activities which will keep juniors entertained, and parents relaxed.
The ECO HOUSE is an educational (and entertainment) centre built specifically for kids – and anyone with a fascination for the wild world and its inhabitants.
The facility is always a hive of activity, where kids can partake in painting, drawing, making location specific models and arts and get to experience some of the live specimens from the reserve.
Parents have the choice of either engaging in the learning with their kids, or stealing a few hours for themselves. This experience is unique to Madikwe Safari Lodge, and has been crafted in consultation with the owner parents, guest parents, managers and North West parks (who have assisted in all the required permits for the live specimens).
In kid language… ECO-HOUSE is just AWESOME!
- Family safari drives
- Bush orientation
- Bug CSI
- Long hours spent in the Eco-House
- Dung tracking
- Track pack with plaster of Paris
- Baking in the kitchen
- Making pizzas in the boma
- Star gazing
- Games night, and much more.
USEFUL FACTS FOR FAMILIES
- Children between the ages of zero and five years stay free of charge and children aged six to fifteen pay 50% of the per person adult rate.
- Game drives are not available for children under the age of two years, and children between the ages of two and five are welcome on the late morning family safari drive.
- The family safari drive for children aged two to five departs at 11:00 in winter and 10:00 in summer, and lasts for approximately two hours.
FAMILIES ON SAFARI