“We recently held our wedding here, and what an amazing place with amazing people. We have been to Madikwe before, and knew that we would have an excellent experience but we never thought that they could be even better! They pulled out all the stops, from the rangers to the managers who helped us with every little detail and request – no matter how small.
What a wonderful friendly bunch of people in the most beautiful setting. All we can say is Thank You – Thank You – Thank You. And we look forward to coming back soon.”
- Warren and Nat Shaw
If you love being in nature and have an appreciation for the African bush, we highly recommend a wedding at Madikwe Safari Lodge with close friends & family.
If you love being in nature and have an appreciation for the spirit of the African bush, we highly recommend a wedding at one of our private lodges. Although wedding party numbers are limited due to Lodge sizes, this can add to an unforgettable experience, shared only with close friends and family.
We take our responsibility as custodians of such a memorable event really seriously, and will literally move heaven and earth to ensure that every detail is perfectly organised, and every need met.
Let us help you with the planning and execution of your wedding day in one of Africa’s most beautiful spots – Madikwe Game Reserve.
THE MADIKWE WEDDING PACKAGE:
As a guideline for prospective weddings at Madikwe, we have put together a package which includes,
- A private wedding venue for your exclusive use
- Legal fees which include fees for your abridged marriage certificate (a full marriage certificate must then be applied for which can take up to 2 months to process in South Africa. Once completed it will be mailed to your address)
- A Christian minister to officiate the ceremony. If you require another religious ceremony, this will have to be contracted out (for your account)
- Dedicated on-site co-ordinator to ensure the experience runs smoothly
- Elegant wedding venue set-up, inclusive of white & cream tablecloths and overlays
- A specially created wedding menu (exclusive of drinks). Menu can be discussed with our chef
- A handcrafted single tiered wedding cake
- Champagne for the bridal couple
- Romantic in-room breakfast the morning after the wedding
- Special gift for the Bride & Groom
- Bridal bouquet
- Romantic turndown
- A selection of canapes for the guests to enjoy while waiting for the bridal couple
- Groom’s button hole flower
- A relaxing couples spa treatment
- A photographer to capture special moments during the day (excluding accommodation & transport costs)
- Hairdresser & make-up artist for exclusive use of the bride
- Flowers – x2 bouquets at the ceremony
- Champagne for guests to toast the bridal couple (1 glass per guest)
- Complimentary overnight stay for the bridal couple (1 night only)
Not included is accommodation (all weddings at Madikwe Safari Lodge are contingent on accommodation being reserved).
Whether small and intimate, or more extravagant. Madikwe Safari Lodge is highly flexible and can accommodate groups of up to 40 guests across 3 lodges.